Here is the promised continuation of the last post, on the path to Enlightenment.
The Eightfold Path
- Developing a deep understanding of the Four Noble Truths to inspire us to engage with the rest of the path.
- Making a commitment to self improvement.
- Speaking in a kind and truthful manner
- Developing right action through behaving with compassion toward others.
- Earning a living without harming any being.
- Banishing negative thoughts to conquer ignorance and desires.
- Encouraging wholesome thoughts, because all that we say and do arises from our thoughts.
- Developing and strengthening the depth of our concentration.
The 5 Precepts
I resolve not to take life.
I resolve not to steal.
I resolve not to mistreat others.
I resolve not to tell lies.
I resolve not to indulge in Excess.