Pinterest meta tag

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Eightfold path

Here is the promised continuation of the last post, on the path to Enlightenment.

The Eightfold Path
  1. Developing a deep understanding of the Four Noble Truths to inspire us to engage with the rest of the path.
  2. Making a commitment to self improvement.
  3. Speaking in a kind and truthful manner
  4. Developing right action through behaving with compassion toward others.
  5. Earning a living without harming any being.
  6. Banishing negative thoughts to conquer ignorance and desires.
  7. Encouraging wholesome thoughts, because all that we say and do arises from our thoughts.
  8. Developing and strengthening the depth of our concentration.
The 5 Precepts
I resolve not to take life.


I resolve not to steal.


I resolve not to mistreat others.


I resolve not to tell lies.


I resolve not to indulge in Excess.

No comments:

Post a Comment