Pinterest meta tag

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hair care tips for the day!

Summer has been destroying ym scalp and in turn my hair. My hair isnt naturally oily, plus I bleach and dye it squite a bit so not washing every day is not usually a problem for me, but in the summer (Here in Arizona its 109 degrees today) there is a lot of sweat to go around and excessive moisture can really irritate your scalp (and the rest of your skin, too) so my scalp is too moist and my hair is too dry.

Here are some tips for correcting common hair problems no matter what hair type.
(FYI, Im actually doing these methods then typing about them after... come along for the journey!)

First, If just your scalp is dry put on some Braggs Organic Apple Cider and rub it into your scalp. leave it on for a minute or too. This will absorb oil from your skin, noirmalize your ph balance, and help rid your scalp of excess skin flakes.

BUT
If youve been swimming in a pool or the ocean, use a lot of hair product, ect. this recipe will suck impurities right outta your hair!:
The itchiness in my hair immediately went away and I felt happier right away!



Now lets condition and heal that hair!
 I found the following recipe online (Pinterest of course)
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt (or vanilla for a slight smell)
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • egg whites from 1 egg
  • (Since this isnt my first time making a hair mas I also added a little Oliver oil and Coconut oil - If you have it also smash up an avocado!)
 Whip it up then massage into hair making sure to get it completely covered from root to tip. Put on a shower cap (in my case a plastic bag) and then let it sit for about half an hour. Make sure to put a towel around your neck because it will melt and drip. I Even spent some time outside since its over 100 degrees outside. The heat really helps it absorb.
This recipe is more than enough for my hair which is pretty short right now, so if you have long hair you'll have plenty still with this recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment