Pinterest meta tag

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sugar Fiend

  DIY Sugar Scrub

This is a super easy, super yummy sugar scrub. Why buy a sugar scrub at one of those expensive body shops when you can make your own in just minutes with ingredients you already have in the house? This sugar scrub leaves you exfoliated and moisturized all in one product! FUNZIES!! 


To Make:


1. You will want to choose a sugar. I used organic light brown sugar. Other options are white sugar, or even dark brown sugar for super sensitive skin.

2. Choose and Oil. I used organic extra virgin coconut oil, but you can use olive, almond, jojoba or sesame.

3. Mix the sugar and oil together in a bowl.  The ratio here is 1 part oil to 2 parts sugar. I used 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup coconut oil. 

Since I used coconut oil, I warmed it up a little so it was a liquid instead of a solid.  I also added a few drops of Essential Oil to make it even yummier.

In the shower:

When using the scrub, you will want to apply it to dry skin with your hands. Once you have scrubbed your body, rinse, pat dry and enjoy your smooth skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment