The time has come for us to not be dependent on debt and not be slaves to a government that doesn't care about the individual. It is a system of scarcity and not abundance.
Here are some steps on how to change the world for the better: (also can be seen here http://thezeitgeistevolution.blogspot.com/2009/01/steps-toward-sustainable-future-social.html)
"Therefore we need to expose this financial failure for what it is, using this weakness to our advantage. Here are some suggestions [slightly paraphrased]:
1. Boycott Citibank, JP Morgan Chase and Bank of America, the most powerful controllers in the corrupt Federal Reserve System. Expose the banking fraud. Move your money, credit cards or mortgages to other banks. If you own stock in them, sell it. If you work for them, quit. This gesture will express contempt for the powers behind the private banking cartel known as the Federal Reserve, and it will create awareness about the fraud of the banking system itself.
2. Boycott the news networks (CNN, ABC, NBC, Fox, etc.) and visit the emerging independent news agencies on the internet for your information. With four corporations owning all the news media outlets, objective information is impossible. The true beauty of the internet is that the establishment has been losing control because of this free flow of information. We must protect the internet at all times, as it is truly our savior right now.
3. Boycott the military. Don't ever allow yourself, your family, or anyone you know to join the military. This is an obsolete institution now used exclusively for maintaining an establishment that is no longer relevant. US soldiers work for US corporations, not the people. Propaganda forces us to believe that war is natural and the military is an honorable institution. Well, if war is natural, why are there eighteen suicides every day by veterans who have post-traumatic stress disorder? If our military men and women are so honored, why is it that twenty-five percent of the American homeless population are veterans?
4. Boycott the energy corporations. If you live in a detached house, get off the grid. Investigate every means of making your home self-sustainable with clean energy. Solar, wind and other renewable energies are now affordable consumer realities. Considering the never-ending rising cost of traditional energies, it will likely be a cheaper investment over time. If you drive, get the smallest car you can and consider using one of the many conversion technologies that can enable your car to be a hybrid, electric, or run on anything other than establishment fuels.
5. Reject the political system. The illusion of democracy is an insult to our intelligence. In a monetary system, there is no such thing as a true democracy, and there never was. We have two political parties owned by the same set of corporate lobbyists. They are placed in their positions by the corporations, with popularity artificially projected by their media. In a system of inherent corruption, the change of personnel every couple of years has very little relevance. Instead of pretending that the political game has any true meaning, focus your energy on how to transcend this failed system.
6. Create critical mass. Join the movement. Go to our website and help us create the largest mass movement for social change the world has ever seen. We must mobilize and educate everyone about the inherent corruption of our current world system, along with the only true sustainable solution declaring all the natural resources on the planet as common heritage to all people, while informing everyone as to the true state of technology, and how we can all be free if the world works together rather than fights.
"The choice lies with you. You can continue to be a slave to the financial system and watch the continuous wars, depression, and injustice across the globe, while placating yourself with vain entertainment and materialistic garbage. Or, you can focus your energy on true, meaningful, lasting, holistic change, which actually has the realistic ability to support and free all humans, with no one left behind.