Pinterest meta tag

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Natural DIY Protein treatment for your hair

This recipe was taken from a friend of mines blog. Her blog is dedicated solely to curly hair and keeping that main naturally beautiful! Go check it out at http://www.ohmycurls.com/

Ive actually used recipes similar to this to fix my frizzy hair (my hair is so curly my family calls me Lammy) and let me tell you - Olive oil, yogurt, and eggs are all miracles for hair!
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of Greek plain yogurt
  • 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
  • mix in a large bowl
  • separate hair into sections and coat onto each section of  hair
  • Take plastic wrap, shower cap, or a plastic bag from the food store and wrap saturated hair into bag. Let treatment sit on your head for 45 mins- an hour and rinse. Depending on your hair texture you may only want to do this treatment once a month.
*Side note from Melody: Ill actually go outside (I live in az so its usually sweltering) and let the natural heat open the pores and follicles of my hair to help it absorb those oils and proteins!


Her post with this recipe can be found at http://www.ohmycurls.com/homemade-protein-treatment/

No comments:

Post a Comment