Its really easy and super cheap. If you're broke, just go green!
This page shows the following breakdown of prices:
So heres how to do it:
- 1 bar of Fels-Naptha soap
- 1/2 cup Borax
- 1 cup Washing soda
- approx. 3-4 gallons of Water
- A bucket that holds about 4 or more gallons. Preferably with a lid.
- Your favorite Essential oil (optional)
- Put about 4 cups of water on the stove to boil.
- While waiting for that to boil grate the bar soap.
- When the water boils throw the soap in a little at a time so it breaks down. Stir until fully dissolved
- Put about 3 gallons of water into the bucket. You can also add the optional essential oil at this point for extra cleaning or fragrance! I prefer orange because its easy to make myself, and smells fresh.. plush no one seems to smell enough like oranges these days!
- Throw the soap soup and rest of ingredients into the bucket - mix thoroughly and wait about 24 hours.
- BA-DA-BOOM - DETERGENT! I filled old detergent bottles that Ive been saving up with this concoction and its pretty amazing! Im very satisfied with myself! I love when a project comes together and I can have a little more pride in my home care abilities!